Get kids laughing with the funniest Cinco de Mayo jokes for kids! These are the best jokes for children to enjoy the holiday because they’re appropriate and mostly food related.
If your kids don’t know what Cinco de Mayo is, you can use these funny jokes to teach your children about this major Mexican holiday. Celebrating it is popular in the United States and a lot of people mistakenly believe Cinco de Mayo is Mexican independence day.
It’s actually a celebration that commemorates when the Mexican army defeated the French forces in the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War. The celebration takes place on the 5th of May (cinco is the Spanish word for five).
Learn more! Your kids can learn more with this bilingual book about Cinco de Mayo with text in both English and Spanish.
Have more fun with Cinco de Mayo games! Add to the fun with an inexpensive Cinco de Mayo game printable like this one:
This holiday is a great opportunity to learn about Mexican culture while having a good time with mariachi band music and much Mexican food. This collection of the best Cinco de Mayo jokes for children will help you add to the fun!
If you like knock knock jokes, dad jokes about tacos, or a bad joke about a burrito, you’re going to love this list of the best Cinco de Mayo jokes for kids. Have a Mexcellent Cinco de Mayo! Below are my top picks from the list.
Top 10 Cinco de Mayo jokes for kids:
- Cinco de Mayo is nacho average holiday.
- May the 4th be with you. May the 5th be Cinco de Mayo.
- Which Disney princess only comes out on Cinco de Mayo? Taco Belle!
- Why can’t you trust burritos to keep a secret? They tend to spill the beans.
- Has anyone played that weird Mexican carnival game where groundhogs pop out of holes and you have to smear them with avocado? I really suck at Guac-a-mole.
- A Mexican magician tells the audience he will disappear on the count of three. Uno, dos…poof. He disappeared without a tres.
- Yesterday was Star Wars Day (May The Fourth be with you). Today is the fifth of May. Combine the two and tomorrow is Revenge of the Sixth.
- Knock knock … Who’s there?… Noah… Noah, who?… Noah good joke about Cinco De Mayo?
- This is a taco and burrito conversation, na’ chos.
- Did you hear the joke about the tortilla? It was pretty corny.
Pause and pin now so you can find this later!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, when you make a purchase using one of my links.
Note: Prices listed are approximate and only reflect price at time of publication. Prices are subject to change.
1. Let’s taco bout how we’re going to shell-ebrate Cinco de Mayo.
2. What do you call churros that have sat out on your counter all day? Room tempera-churros.
3. Which band had the best show on Cinco de Mayo? Red Hot Chili Peppers.
4. What do penguins like to eat on Cinco De Mayo? Brrrrrrrrritos.
5. Why can’t you trust burritos to keep a secret? They tend to spill the beans.
6. What do you call a baby donkey? A burrito.
7. What attacked the nacho while he was out fishing? A tacodile.
8. Which Disney princess only comes out on Cinco de Mayo? Taco Belle!
9. Has anyone played that weird Mexican carnival game where groundhogs pop out of holes and you have to smear them with avocado? I really suck at Guac-a-mole.
10. What Tex-Mex food is good at math? Inch-iladas.
11. What is Thor’s favorite food? Thor-tillas.
12. What do you call cheese that is not yours? NA Cho cheese!
13. Cinco de Mayo is nacho average holiday.
14. What did the jalapeño say to the blizzard? I’m a little chili
15. A Mexican magician tells the audience he will disappear on the count of three. Uno, dos…poof. He disappeared without a tres.
16. What do call a cat in a blanket on Cinco de Mayo? A purrrrito.
17. Cinco de Mayo is here! Let’s give ’em something to taco bout!
18. What do you call a tortilla chip that works out for Cinco De Mayo? A macho nacho.
19. Did you see the forecast Cinco De Mayo week? Yep, cold today, hot tamale.
20. Where are the best burritos served on Cinco De Mayo? In the gulp of Mexico.
21. Yesterday was Star Wars Day (May The Fourth be with you). Today is the fifth of May. Combine the two and tomorrow is Revenge of the Sixth.
22. What do you call a nacho drowning in mayonnaise on May 5th? Sinko De Mayo.
23. What do burritos ask when they meet after a long time? “Hey, how have you bean?”
24. Knock knock … Who’s there?… Noah… Noah, who?… Noah good joke about Cinco De Mayo?
25. I really like burritos. I could taco about them all day.
IF YOU’RE ENJOYING THIS POST, YOU’LL LOVE THESE:
200 Best Ice Puns and Jokes That Will Make Your Kids Laugh
111 Thanksgiving Jokes: Don’t Choke on These Fowl Turkey Puns
20 Legendary Bigfoot Coloring Pages (Free Printables)
26. Did you hear the joke about the tortilla? It was pretty corny.
27. Lettuce be friends!” said the tortilla to the beans.
28. May the 4th be with you. May the 5th be Cinco de Mayo.
29. Every now and then I fall apart!
30. Why was the Grinch invited to the Cinco de Mayo party? They thought he was a giant avocado.
31. What’s a burrito’s favorite music genre? They listen to wrap!
32. Why does no one know Taco Bell’s secret recipe? Because they keep it under wraps!
33. Don’t eat too many tacos—you’ll put yourself into a tacoma!
34. I packed you an extra taco—just in queso you need it!
35. Why is it so bad to insult a taco? Because tacos have fillings, too.
36. Why didn’t Superman eat the nachos at tonight’s taco Tuesday dinner? He’s afraid of that chip-tonight.
37. What does a nosy pepper do? It gets jalapeño business.
38. Have you heard the joke about the taco queso? Never mind, it’s too cheesy.
39. This is a taco and burrito conversation. Nachos.
40. What do tacos say on Saint Patrick’s Day? Taco the morning to ya!
41. What did the Krispy Kreme donut sign say on Taco Tuesday? Don’t forget about us today, we have fillings too.
42. What do you call cheese that doesn’t belong to you? Nacho cheese
43. Why are tortillas annoying party guests? They always try to tacover you.
44. Did you hear about the guy who forgot to put cheese on his burrito? How dairy.
45. Pack an extra taco, just in queso you need it.
46. What do you call a cynical cow? Sour cream.
47. What do you call a group of skunks on May 5th? Stinko de Mayo.
48. Cinco de Mayo is nacho average holiday.
49. Why did the man climb onto the roof of Mexican restaurant? Because the manager said the burrito is on the house.
50. What do you say when you finish eating a burrito? “And it’s a wrap!”
I hope you enjoyed this list of funny Cinde de Mayo jokes for kids! Happy Cinco de Mayo!