Use a free printable Thanksgiving potluck sign up sheet to organize your next potluck party!
Potluck parties are a wonderful way to bring people together and using a holiday potluck sign-up form is a great way to ensure things go smoothly and you have enough food.
Plus, the sign up sheet can also serve as your guest list because you can see the number of people attending your potluck event.
- Scroll down or use these links to jump to what you need:
I hope you find the perfect free printable Thanksgiving potluck sign up sheet!
Pause and pin now so you can find this later!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, when you make a purchase using one of my links.
Note: Prices listed are approximate and only reflect price at time of publication. Prices are subject to change.
Potluck supplies you might need
Double Decker Insulated Casserole Carrier
This insulated carrier is the perfect way to keep your food cold or hot on your way to the potluck. It has two large zipper compartments so you can fit everything you need to take with you in an easy-to-carry way.
Containers for leftovers
Have you ever attended any potluck dinners where there weren’t a bunch of leftovers? Make sure no food goes to waste by providing everyone with a convenient container to take some food home with them!
People often forget to bring a serving utensil along with their potluck dish so you’ll need to have some of these useful serving tongs, spoons, and forks on hand. This set brings all the serving utensils you’ll need.
Mini chalkboard food labels
Make it easy for everyone to label their dishes with these adorable mini chalkboard signs! This set includes colorful pens. Click to see more photos of how the little signs look on a table with food.
Decorative mini LED lanterns
Create a warm potluck dinner atmosphere with these lovely little lanterns. These make adorable table decorations and add nice lighting to your party.
Illuminated maple tree centerpiece
If you need a beautiful centerpiece for your potluck table, this gorgeous maple tree is the perfect fall-season decor. The LED lights cast a warm glow and this little tree is battery-operated so you can place it anywhere conveniently.
Thanksgiving potluck decorations set
Bring the beauty of autumn to your potluck with this lovely set of decorations that includes everything you need to dress up your party. It includes a tablecloth, plates, napkins, cups, straws, and cutlery, all featuring beautiful fall leaves.
LED maple leaf garland
Add a unique touch to your potluck with these lovely illuminated maple leaves. You can hang them up or lay them around your dinner table. They’re battery-operated, making them easier to place wherever you want.
Free printable potluck sign up sheets
These free printable templates are great for any potluck. You’ll see printable sign-up sheets that have Thanksgiving and fall season designs, plus other sheets with less seasonal designs that you can use for any potluck (office potluck, class parties, Christmas party).
How to open your free printable sheet:
These free printables are perfect for the big day. To open your printable sheet, click on any image or free download link for any of the sheets you like below to open a pdf file you can save or print.
You can use your home printer and regular printer paper (these printable sign-up sheets are designed for US letter size paper) or this bright white card stock for the best quality and durability. Plus, use “best quality” on your print settings for the best results.
1. Thanksgiving treats
2. Thanksgiving leaves
3. Autumn theme
4. Thanksgiving pumpkins
5. Fall leaves
6. Abstract shapes
7. Multicolor theme
8. Simple orangy theme
9. Ingredients potluck theme
IF YOU’RE ENJOYING THIS POST, YOU’LL LOVE THESE:
10 Free Printable November Word Search Puzzles
111 Thanksgiving Jokes: Don’t Choke on These Fowl Turkey Puns
87 Free Fall Phone Wallpapers & Quotes About Falling Leaves
25 Free Printable Closed for Thanksgiving Signs
10. Sketched dishes potluck
11. Simple grayscale potluck
12. Sweet treats potluck
13. Plain black and white potluck
14. Festive potluck
15. Clean list potluck
16. Pretty in pink potluck
17. Foods theme
18. Delicate theme
19. Different dishes theme
20. Happy Thanksgiving potluck sheet
I hope you found the perfect free printable Thanksgiving potluck sign up sheet! Remember to download and save any of these sheets that you liked so you can use them in the future.
Potluck sign up sheet tips
Use these tips if you’re going to create your own sign up sheet!
Successful potluck parties require good planning and organization. Make sure to set up your potluck sign up sheet early because waiting until the last minute will make it difficult to get people to sign up.
What to include on your potluck sheet
- Food category: By organizing your sign-up sheet by categories you’ll ensure your potluck dinners will be well-rounded, wish dishes for each category. People will naturally tend to fill in categories that seem sparse.
- Appetizers: In this category, folks can sign up to bring small food items your party guests can munch on before the main meal. Encourage guests to go beyond bringing chips by providing examples of easy Thanksgiving appetizers!
- Main dishes: This is an important category because you need some good main course dishes to satisfy your guests. Remind people that they don’t have to stress over bringing a turkey and there are plenty of other protein-filled main course options like ham, chicken, pork, casseroles, etc.
- Side dishes: This is where people can indicate what sides they’re bringing like veggies, potatoes, etc. Make sure people write down what specific dish they’re bringing to avoid duplicate dishes (e.g., instead of “potatoes” they should write “roasted potatoes”).
- Desserts: Having a dessert category ensures you’ll have enough desserts to satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth.
- Other: These categories are often left off of potluck sign up sheets but they’re important to consider so they don’t get forgotten.
- Drinks: Having a variety of drink options is important because this will impact how well your guests enjoy their food. Encourage people to branch out beyond sodas by mentioning other ideas like a signature cocktail/mocktail, fresh juices, spirits, mixers, water, sugar-free options, etc.).
- Paper products: Without something to eat on and to eat with, your potluck won’t be very successful. Make sure someone signs up to bring paper products and that they specify exactly what they’re bringing (e.g., cups, plates, napkins, cutlery, bowls, serving utensils).
- Decorations: Decorations often fall on the host to provide but you can include party decorations on your sign up sheet so others can help out!
- Contact information: You want to be able to get in touch with people, especially if they’ve signed up for a main dish or something else essential so ask folks to provide their contact details when they sign up so that you can reach them if needed.
- Special considerations: Make everyone feel included and considered by including a space where people can write down food allergies, dietary restrictions, and any other special considerations.
- Other: Include an “other” category where people can sign up for anything you may not have thought of or leave helpful notes.
Create a digital sheet that others can edit
If you want to save a little ink and paper, you can create a digital Thanksgiving potluck sign up sheet that others can edit. You can use Google Docs (similar to Word) to create a simple sign up sheet. The great thing is that you can share the digital document with others so they can add what they’re bringing.
You could also create a simple spreadsheet on Google Sheets. Using an editable Google Sheet is especially convenient because it doesn’t require people to be where the sign up sheet is posted physically. It’s free, it’s easy, and everyone you share it with can reference the sheet whenever and from wherever they need to.